Trevor James - Alphasax - Gold Lacquer
- Free 42-Point Professional Set-up
- Fast Worldwide Delivery
- Award Winning After Sales Service
- Free One Year Checkover
Perfect for small students who find a regular alto sax too large
The gold lacquer Alphasax by Trevor James is a full-sized Eb alto saxophone designed for small hands so that younger players can now start 2 - 3 years earlier and weigh 33% less than most conventional models.
Made of brass and based on the award-winning Trevor James 'The Horn,' the Alphasax has been designed in consultation with education professionals so that it can be used for the first three of the Associated Board Grade Examinations.
Supplied with the YOU CAN PLAY TOO online saxophone tuition DVD (exclusive to Sax.co.uk)
TYPICAL PROBLEMS FOR PLAYERS WITH SMALL HANDS
• Some keys are impossible to avoid, making the instrument unplayable & other keys are impossible to reach.
• The weight can be too much for some young players (& some adults).
THE ALPHASAX SOLUTION
• Problematic keys have been removed or redesigned for extra comfort.
• The weight has been reduced by an amazing 33%.
• The left-hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed.
• The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands.
• The low B & Bb keys have been removed.
• Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach.
• The right-hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed.
• Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach.
• The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D.
• Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained.
The 'missing' keys are those at the extremes of the instrument's range that are not usually required until later on in the student's development. In all other respects the Alphasax plays and sounds like a conventional alto saxophone.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Gold Lacquered Brass
• Key Touches: White plastic
• Neck: The Horn
• Engraving: None
• Made in: Taiwan, set up in the UK
• Case: Trevor James hard shaped (lightweight) case with straps
• Mouthpiece: Trevor James plastic
• Free Professional Set Up & Free Check over within a Year
• Recommended for: Students
What a great idea! Not wishing to blow my own sax here but it was mine; but it took Trevor James' design wizard Dave Farley to make it a reality. The Alphasax plays and sounds just like their award winning Horn Classic sax because that's what it is, with a few important tweaks to make it playable by smaller hands. After years of disappointing enthusiastic 6 - 8 years olds by telling them they were too small I can now point them towards the Alphasax. Phill (Sax.co.uk)
Delivery & Returns
FAST & FULLY INSURED SHIPPING TO USA. PAY THE FINAL LANDED COST AT CHECKOUT!
If you're based overseas and would like more information, please read our overseas guide located here
Goods purchased online can be returned within 14 days of receipt. This does not apply to custom ordered goods, products where hygiene is concerned and product seals have been broken (reeds, mouthpieces etc), digital download codes or software licences. Goods purchased through our website cannot be returned to our retail stores.
FREE 42-POINT PRO SAXOPHONE SET-UP INCLUDED
All of our instruments are fully checked and set-up by our experienced technicians. Regardless of size or price - all saxophones go through the same process. Here at SAX, we know that when you buy an instrument, our pro set up is absolutely essential to ensure the instrument you're purchasing is playing to it's optimum performance.
Furthermore, we offer an exclusive benefit to our customers. Any new saxophone purchased from us can be returned within a year for a FREE checkover to make sure your saxophone continues to perform its best.